Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rallying the Troops

It is truly humbling when I reflect on the many wonderful amazing people in our lives. Heading back to school was difficult yesterday as some of my closer inner circle knew what has been happening in my life. Seeing my "people" evokes emotions, difficult to keep control of in front of the wonderful kids I work with. I managed to go about my regular day and soon became busy and wrapped up in the many facets of my work. Even though in the morning, I didn't want to go to work, Jason got me out of bed and for that I am grateful. It was the best thing for me. Towards the end of the day, I was emotionally spent, having shared my health worries with a few more people on staff, all I wanted to do was go home to the safety of my little bubble here at home. I ended up sleeping for three hours. My body must have needed it. I continue to receive texts, quick visits and messages from my friends and family and for those I am truly thankful. Cell phones and facebook have a way of making distance just a little bit closer. We will need to rally the troops over the next days, weeks and months as we figure this out and I know that I have the most amazing team.

No comments:

Post a Comment